EFFECTIVE AUGUST 12, 2020
THIS APPLICANT PRIVACY NOTICE AND TERMS (“NOTICE”) PROVIDES INFORMATION REGARDING ENVISTA’S COLLECTION AND HANDLING OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION THAT WE COLLECT WHEN YOU VISIT OUR CAREERS WEBSITE OR OTHER WEBSITE THAT LINKS TO THIS NOTICE (“SITE”) AND ANY OTHER INFORMATION YOU PROVIDE TO US OFF-LINE IN CONNECTION WITH THE APPLICATION PROCESS. ANY CHANGES TO THIS NOTICE WILL BE POSTED ON THE SITE, SO PLEASE REVIEW THE NOTICE ON THE SITE REGULARLY.
ENVISTA HOLDINGS CORPORATION AND ITS DIRECT AND INDIRECT SUBSIDIARIES (“ENVISTA”) ARE COMMITTED TO PROTECTING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION AND TO COMPLYING WITH APPLICABLE PRIVACY LAWS. FOR THE PURPOSES OF RELEVANT DATA PROTECTION LAW, ENVISTA IS A DATA CONTROLLER FOR PERSONAL INFORMATION YOU PROVIDE TO US IN CONNECTION AS PART OF THE APPLICATION PROCESS.
I. INFORMATION YOU PROVIDE
This Privacy Notice applies to any personal information that you provide when you search or apply for a position at Envista. Certain countries may refer to this information as personal information or sensitive personal information. The personal information we collect include the following:
• Your name, home address, telephone number, and other contact details;
• Log-in and password, for use on our careers site;
• Information you included in your CV/Resume or cover letter, such as job history, academic background, skills and competencies, personal interests;
• Date of birth;
• Tax Identification or other government identification number;
• Employee preferences, willingness to relocate;
• Current and historic salary details, salary expectations;
• Languages and other relevant skills;
• Awards and professional memberships;
• Professional and other work-related licenses, permits, certifications;
• Eligibility to work in country where job applied for is located;
• Available start date;
• Interest in employment opportunities;
• Information regarding potential conflict of interest issues; and
• Information you provide to create security questions and answers used to validate your identity when you return to the Site.
We do not require, but you may also choose to voluntarily provide additional relevant personal information as part of your application.
Envista prefers to only collect sensitive personal information where it is legally required or for compliance with diversity and anti-discrimination policies. If we need to do this, we will ask for your written consent to its collection, use and disclosure. Sensitive personal information may include the following:
• Race or ethnicity;
• Heath, including medical condition, and sickness records;
• Personality and aptitude tests data; or
• Information about criminal convictions and offences.
Envista will treat any personal information considered sensitive under applicable law in accordance with that applicable law. The collection and use of sensitive personal information will be limited to that which is strictly necessary for the purposes for which it was collected. Your explicit consent will be obtained to the processing of your sensitive personal information, unless otherwise permitted by applicable law.
II. INFORMATION COLLECTED ABOUT YOU
We collect your personal information from several sources in order to verify information about your credentials, follow-up on references provided, or where required and permitted by local law to conduct background checks. It is Envista’s approach to collect such information from third parties only with your knowledge and agreement. The sources of collection are here:
• You, the candidate;
• Recruitment agencies; and
• Background check providers.
Envista also collects and processes personal information which is a result of your navigation through our Site.
Envista monitors user traffic patterns throughout the Site according to a user’s domain name, browser type, date and time of access and pages viewed. Web servers collect the domain names and other technical information associated with visitors to the site. This information is collected in order to measure the number of visitors to the Site and to determine which areas of the Site users find useful based upon the amount of traffic to particular areas. Envista uses this information to enhance users’ experience at the Site and to better prepare future content based on the interests of users.
Cookies are small text files sent to and stored on users’ computers that allow websites to recognize repeat users, facilitate users’ access to Sites, and allow Sites to compile aggregate data that will allow content improvements. Web beacons are transparent graphic images, often just the size of a single pixel, that allow Sites to track activity on the site.
The major browsers have attempted to implement the draft “Do Not Track” (“DNT”) standard of the World Wide Web Consortium (“W3C”) in their latest releases. As this standard has not been finalized, this Site is not compatible with DNT.
III. HOW WE WILL USE INFORMATION ABOUT YOU
The application data you submit on our careers Site will be stored in the United States, and in the applicable jurisdiction(s) if the position is at a location outside of the United States. The application data will be collected, used, transferred, and disclosed to Envista and its consultants to do the following:
• manage the relevant websites;
• process your application;
• assess your skills, qualifications, and suitability for the role;
• carry out background and reference checks, where applicable;
• communicate with you about the recruitment process;
• keep records related to our hiring process;
• provide any service available you on our careers site;
• verify your identity to ensure security for one of the other purposes listed in this Notice;
• populate your employee records in the event you are hired by Envista;
• ensure or enhance the security and functionality of Envista’s electronic systems;
• protect against fraud;
• conduct internal investigations and comply with legal obligations; and
• comply with legal or regulatory requirements.
The legal basis that Envista applies in the EU for the collection and use of your personal information is Envista’s legitimate interest enabling us to manage our online recruiting platform, carry out a fair recruitment process, and making informed decisions regarding recruitment. If your application is successful, we will also need to process your personal information to make you an offer and enter into an employment agreement with you.
In completing the application process, you will create a profile that will allow you to self-manage your preferences, including asserting any data protection law rights you may have related to the continued storage and use (as described above) of your personal information in our systems.
Information about you will be added to Envista’s applicant database and will be used for the purpose of considering whether your profile meets the requirements of the vacant role at Envista. If we choose to make you an offer, personal information you submit will be incorporated into Envista’s HR Information System and will be used to manage the new hire process. If you become an Envista employee, your personal information will be managed in accordance with the Envista Employee Privacy Notice.
Envista may automatically reject your application if you are not legally authorized to work in the region, country or state of the job posting or if you are not of legal working age at the time of job application.
IV. DISCLOSURES OF PERSONAL INFORMATION AND INTERNATIONAL TRANSFERS
Personal information about you will be shared internally for the purposes of filling the vacant role. This may include sharing it with Envista employees and agents that have a business need to know; such as: recruiters, human resource personnel, interviewers, and managers or their designees, technical service personnel if access to the data is necessary for the performance of their roles.
Personal information about you will be shared with third-parties acting on our behalf, such as third-parties assisting Envista with the operation of our careers Site including but not limited to recruitment agencies, human resources consultants, applicant tracking systems, background verification and assessments etc.. All third-party service providers are required to take appropriate security measures to protect your personal information in alignment with our contractual obligations and the law. We do not allow our third-party service providers to use your personal information for their own purposes. We only permit them to process your personal information for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
Some such third-party service providers may be located in territories outside of your country of residence, and may not provide a level of protection to personal information equivalent to that provided by your home country. Envista will (i) exercise appropriate due diligence in the selection of such third-party service providers, and (ii) require appropriate contractual measures, that such third-party service providers maintain adequate technical and organizational security measures in compliance with applicable legal requirements, in order to safeguard your personal information, and only to process it as instructed by Envista and for no other purposes.
To provide adequate protection for the transfers out of the EU, Envista utilizes transfer mechanisms recognized by your home country, which may include executing appropriate contractual clauses based on and conforming to the EU model clauses.
In some instances, the Site may provide links to non-Envista controlled websites. These can include links to social media sites (via “widgets”) like Facebook or LinkedIn. However, Envista does not control such third-party websites, and cannot be responsible for the content or the privacy practices employed by other websites.
V. DATA SECURITY
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal information from being accidentally lost, used, or accessed in an unauthorized way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal information to employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal information on our instruction, and they are subject to duty of confidentiality.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected data security breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where are legally required to do so.
VI. HOW LONG WILL WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We will retain your personal information for no longer than is necessary to fulfill the purpose of filling the vacant role and for other potential opportunities that may be a fit as long as you have a live profile, but no longer than 10 years subject to local requirements. We also retain your personal information for that period so that we can show, in the event of a legal claim, that we have not discriminated against candidates on prohibited grounds and the that we have conducted the recruitment exercise in a fair and transparent way. After this period, we will securely destroy your personal information in accordance with applicable laws and regulations.
VII. DATA SUBJECT RIGHTS
Under various applicable data protection laws, you may have certain rights to control how your personal information is processed. In relation to your personal information, you may:
• Request access to your personal information. This enables you to receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
• Request correction of the personal information that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate data we hold about you corrected, though we may need to verify the accuracy of the new data you provide to us.
• Request erasure of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal information where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal information where you have successfully exercised your right to object to processing (see below), where we may have processed your information unlawfully or where we are required to erase your personal information to comply with local law. Note, however, that we may not always be able to comply with your request of erasure for specific legal reasons which will be notified to you, if applicable, at the time of your request.
• Object to processing of your personal information where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground as you feel it impacts on your fundamental rights and freedoms. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal information for direct marketing purposes. In some cases, we may demonstrate that we have compelling legitimate grounds to process your information which override your rights and freedoms.
• Request restriction of processing of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of your personal information in the following scenarios: (a) if you want us to establish the data's accuracy; (b) where our use of the data is unlawful but you do not want us to erase it; (c) where you need us to hold the data even if we no longer require it as you need it to establish, exercise or defend legal claims; or (d) you have objected to our use of your data but we need to verify whether we have overriding legitimate grounds to use it.
• Request the transfer of your personal information to you or to a third party. We will provide to you, or a third party you have chosen, your personal information in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format. Note that this right only applies to automated information which you initially provided consent for us to use or where we used the information to perform a contract with you.
• Withdraw consent at any time where we are relying on consent to process your personal information. However, this will not affect the lawfulness of any processing carried out before you withdraw your consent. If you withdraw your consent, we may not be able to provide certain products or services to you. We will advise you if this is the case at the time you withdraw your consent.
If you choose to register on the site, you may access, review, and change some of the personal information collected about you and stored on our careers Site by logging in and updating your account information. The updated profile will be used as the default the next time you apply for a role using your account online. To change personal information that you already have submitted for consideration for a specific position, please resubmit your application to update personal information about you that is employed with the job application. We encourage you to promptly update your personal information if it changes or is inaccurate. Upon request, we will delete or remove your personal information from our active database, although some information may be retained as permitted by law.
If you have any questions or concerns about how we process personal information, or would like to exercise any of your rights specified in this Notice, please contact email@example.com. You may access, modify or object to the use of personal information as permitted by law. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any such requests. Please note that certain personal information may be exempt from such access, correction, or objection rights pursuant to data protection laws.
Submitting your application is voluntary. However, if you decline to submit requested applicant data our ability to consider you as a candidate may be limited.
Should you feel that Envista is processing your personal information in violation of this Notice, you may also have the right to contact the relevant data protection authority in your home country. However, Envista would appreciate the opportunity to deal with your concerns prior to your filing a complaint with any relevant data protection authority.